Saturday, July 5, 2008

Happy Birthday America!

As you all know, we just celebr4ted (muahahahahahahahah) our countries day of independence...The 4th of July! It was amazing! Madi invited me, Abby, and Lauren to go spend the day up in Park City at her grandparents house. Lauren had work, so she was sadly left out. After waking up at eight thirty and only running on six hours of sleep, anything seems funny to my brain. We went to the parade up there, which was a real hoot and a holler. Many people you see there are the kind of people you would see battling a midget with a fish on the upcoming episode of Jerry Springer entitled "My wife just cheated on me in the gutter of my trailer park." After that party, we went back to Grandma and Grandpa's house to go eat food. Bailey, Madi's sister, brought up her new car to show off to the fam. My friends thought it would be funny to stick me in the back, close the hatch, and lock the vehicle. I thought it to be quite immature and childish but yet, I found myself climbing in and getting a photo shoot.


Once we ate lunch, and the food was settled in our stomachs, we went to do the alpine skycoaster. It was amazing and extremely fun. Madi wanted to ride with me because, and I quote, "Don't take any offense to this, but will you ride with me? Because the more weight you have, the faster you go." After much hesitation, I agreed.


The girls (Madi, Abby, and Annamarie [Madi's mom]) insisted that I go shopping with them at the outlets. I went and carried all of there bags for them as there arms comfortably got to look around for more clothes to throw onto mine. It wasn't all that bad. I had a great time having Madi and Abby spray me with cologne just to see which one they liked best.

After shopping, we went back to the G's house for dinner. I normally don't have a burger, a brat AND a steak, but it is the fourth of July. After I ate all the food that can possibly be crammed into my stomach, Grandma thought it would be funny to pull out a cake (which was very delicious).


We all sang a patriotic song (I can't remember which one) then sang "Happy Birthday" to America. Aunt Veda (Annamaries aunt who joined us for the festivities) was very confused. The whole time we're singing happy birhday, she's looking around to see who's birthday it is! When she couldn't take the confusion anymore she asks "Well who's birthday is it?" and Madi screams back "America's!"

The fireworks up in PC are spectacular! They are much bigger and better than the lame old SoJo fireworks. One of the fireworks was so great, that it decided it wanted to stay on fire and fly towards my face. I start asking Madi if that's supposed to happen. After no response was given, I decided to do a crazy trick and roll over before it lands right where my face was. I missed it by a mere 2 inches. God Bless America!

2 comments:

Amanda and Nick said...

nice, real nice. God bless America and Jerry Springer midgets having a hotdog eating contest.

KO and SJ said...

I am proud to be an American, and it sounds like you are too.

I am glad you are getting some good training on what a man is useful for on a shopping trip as well. Tell those girls they get an A+ from me.