Monday, July 28, 2008

Half a Day at Grandma's House

On Saturday, I spent half of my day chillin' with Amanda at Grandma DeLanges house. Let's start out with waking up. At 8:53 in the AM, I received a phone call from Shanna, rushing me to the neighbors house to feed the dogs, then let them outside. After that, I was told by Amanda that I should go to Grandma's house and hang out with her. I agreed and started the fifteen minute journey to WVC, home of the Utah Grizzlies, Hale Center Theatre, and the Mall of Ghetto America: Valley Fair Mall. When I got there, I found that no one was home and that I should welcome Grandma back to her house (keep in mind that she hasn't been home for a couple of weeks due to knee surgery). I plastered her house with sticky notes that said "Welcome Home Grandma. Love, Mitchell. Aren't I just the cutest thing ever? When Amanda and Grandma got there, grandma suggests getting real food, which is fast food in her terms. So Amanda and I go to Arby's, well, we got in the car to go to Arby's. Amanda grabbed a coke on the way out of the house. I wanted some because I was parched. So I take a little sip, I burp myself, and vomit shoots out of my mouth. It wasn't really vomit, just the foam that stays in your throat when you drink coke.








THEN we left for Arby's. As we come up to the intersection to make a left turn, Amanda starts showing off one of her trophies she got three years ago! Little did she realize that we were sitting in the middle of the intersection and our light just turned red! I just started to laugh and she finally came to her senses and pulled us out of what could have been a terrible death (but knowing that it was West Valley, that wasn't terrible at all)! We arrive, safely, at Arby's order the food, then we have to wait for our food to get done. While waiting for our food, we see a crappy car with a personalized license plate that says "JILLZ".


That's when Amanda thought it would be safe to shout at them "If you're going to have a personalized license plate, at least get a nice car to put it on!" I ducked down waiting for gun fire to ring out in the parking lot. Sadly, it didn't come because I had to witness another horrific scene brought to me by Amanda. She stopped at a green light on the way home! It is completely green! Not sea green or olive green, but GREEN! Hahaha. It made me laugh harder than the mishap in the intersection. I started expecting her to drive in the left lane, but that didn't happen. I'm surprised that i'm still alive today. When we got back to grandmas, I received a phone call from Abby informing me that she was coming home. I was so excited I nearly burped and threw up...AGAIN! So Abby came home later in the day and my whole circle of friends was complete. No one was missing. Life was bliss.

1 comment:

Amanda and Nick said...

FORE THE RECORD EVERYONE! Mitchell paid me to call him a pecker. I don't know what that is... I think it is a stupid white person?